Contests » Design for Democracy
Design for a Greater Good
What?: Inspired by the inauguration? What drives a successful democracy? Literacy. Youth voices. Community engagement. Free speech. Create a design that evokes the power and importance of programs around the world that ensure that all people can participate. Design for democracy.
Why?: To capture the spirit and energy that results when all members of society are able to engage and are supported in active civic participation.
- Mon (Jan 21st): @12:00AM PST Open for submissions and votes
- Friday (Feb 8th): @11:59PM PST Submission closes
- Friday (Feb 15th): @11:59PM PST Voting closes
- Monday (Feb 25tth): GlobalGiving announces the Winner.
- Bhutan: Give Bhutanese Youth Voice through Digital Media
- Internews: Empowering Youth Voices - InternewsNext
- Liberia: Train 300 Liberians in literacy and democracy
- High Atlas: Field Train 25 Students & Officials in Morocco
- Kenya: Right of say for 8000 children in 20 schools
About GlobalGivingThe world is full of problems. GlobalGiving is full of solutions. Solutions run by innovative, grassroots projects and organizations that are working to educate children, feed the hungry, build houses, train women (and men) with job skills, and hundreds of other amazing things.
GlobalGiving is a charity fundraising web site that gives social entrepreneurs and non-profits from anywhere in the world a chance to raise the money that they need to improve their communities. Since 2002, GlobalGiving has raised $74,356,913 from 293,626 donors who have supported 6,706 projects.
Select the projects you want to support, make a tax-deductible contribution, and you'll get email updates from the project so you can see how your gift is making a difference.
Our MissionGlobalGiving begins with the dedicated, tenacious individuals who are driving change in their communities. From running orphanages and schools, to helping survivors of natural disasters, these people are do-gooders to the core. We connect these "good idea people" with the "generous giver people" and help projects of all sizes receive donations of all sizes. .
Design ThemeInspired by the inauguration? What drives a successful democracy? Literacy. Youth voices. Community engagement. Free speech. Create a design that evokes the power and importance of programs around the world that ensure that all people can participate. Design for democracy.
Prize2 Winners will be selected by the staff at GlobalGiving and Goodjoe. We'll use the voting data to assist us with the selection process. Each winner will receive:
- $300 cash, $100 goodjoe store credit, 6% royalty per shirt sold.
- $50 GlobalGiving store credit so that you can donate to your project of choice.
Design GuidelinesThe standard design guidelines apply.
Submissions are not longer accepted for the contest.
Social is How We Live